Thursday, January 20, 2011

Well, that sounds ambitious...

Yes, 100 dates in a year is quite an ambitious goal. Some have told me it sounds like hell on earth for them; others have said it won’t happen; my sister called me a whore. But for me, going on 100 dates in a year simply gives me the chance to meet 100 individuals and learn about their lives.

I’m not looking for love…I think I should make that clear up front. Part of the reason I want to go on 100 first dates (approximately 2 dates a week) is to prevent myself from jumping into a relationship too quickly, and to really take a good amount of time to find out the qualities that I look for in a potential partner. I’m not opposed to second or third or fourth dates, but the point of the whole experiment is to be able to articulate for myself the types of people I’m attracted to. If I find love in the process, then so be it. But I’m young, free from commitment, and working towards my immediate goals at the moment, and falling in love isn’t one of those goals at the moment.

Going into this I am attempting to have as open as a mind as possible and am willing to go on a first date with pretty much anyone. There are of course, some minimum requirements:

- You have to be at least 21 and no older than 35
- You have to have at least a bachelor’s degree OR be working towards your bachelor’s degree OR a compelling and interesting explanation of your alternative (I totally understand that school isn’t for everyone).
- Be passionate about SOMETHING and able to hold a compelling conversation.

That’s it! I really don’t think those requirements are too hard to fulfill, so if you know of someone that fits them or if you’re interested in going on a first date then check out the link to the right where you can tell me a bit about yourself. I’ll contact you and we can set a date.

Lastly, a date can be anything in my opinion. Going to a movie, grabbing a bite to eat, seeing a play or musical, visiting a gallery or museum, rock climbing, hiking…literally anything. There’s a place to put your idea for the date on the contact form.

About myself...I'm a 23 year old recent graduate. I have a degree in Business Management Marketing and currently work as a personal assistant. I'm passionate about managing creativity and have a history deeply rooted in the arts community. I've recently applied to graduate school in New York City for performing arts management and plan to open a theater by the time I'm 30. I have an entrepreneurial spirit and am in the process of starting my first business. I love spending time with friends, making new friends, performing, reading, baking, working out, writing, spending time outdoors, and traveling. I am extremely close with my family and spend a lot of time with them. I've got dreams and I'm making them come true.

Let the dating begin!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I am well out of the dating game at this point in time. I still enjoy meeting new people whenever I can. Can't wait to begin reading your exploits. Glad I found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did this a few years ago.

    http://www.100dates100boys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting...our premises seem a little bit different, as well as our motivations...but good job for finishing it. I was looking to someone for inspiration that I'll be able to sustain it to the end. Your writing is really entertaining btw.

    ReplyDelete